Monday, November 1, 2010

The Boys

Roman
Joel
Rhys


My new challenge!
Our Bishop knows of our financial struggle and extended the opportunity to watch his grandchildren. His son's family just moved back here from back east. Both him and his wife are going back to work. So they need daycare for their three boys. There is Roman who just turned four, Joel who is almost two, and Rhys who is almost one. Last week was my first week and it was tough! Toward the end of the week I came down with an awful cold so it didn't help. Luckily Brandon had taken Friday off. He was brave enough to take all five kids out for several hours!
I have my hands more than full as kids are on opposite nap times, Rhys is still eating baby food and hardly any finger foods, diapers, keeping them entertained with all different levels of interest, etc. Unfortunately Roman isn't yet interested in anything interactive, so the days go by slow with hundreds of questions about cars, the same ones over and over! It will be an adjustment period for all of us for awhile. Hopefully I can get it to work at least through the next couple few months. Its hard staying at home, I'm use to a lot more freedom that I really took advantage of. Its tough not paying the 100% attention to my girls that I am use to. I am glad though we have this opportunity to help their family out, and in turn help ours out financially as well.
PS. The big owwy on Joel's head was one he got here at our house the first day he came! He fell down the bottom two steps of the outside stairs and landed on his head just right. I felt awful! Hey here's your kid....honestly I did watch him closely today!

1 comment:

  1. Joey, that sounds like a handful! Good luck! You'll be super busy!

    ReplyDelete