Friday, November 2, 2012

Ady's New Smile





Adalynn and Taylee were running around the house Tuesday night gobbling and acting like turkey's. It hadn't been that long since I had gotten off work so I was trying to get a few things done. I asked them to settle down and stop a few times with it not working because before I knew it I heard the terribly loud bang, the very hurt cry, and then silence from Adalynn holding her breath. When I ran into the bedroom Taylee was cowered in the corner crying, and Adalynn just taking her first breath of air letting a pool of blood drain from her mouth. Initially we thought she swallowed the tooth. Our dentist is a super great guy, I called his cell number because I was in a bit of a panic. Her one tooth was gone, the other was loose and the gums were swollen and cut up, and I couldn't tell if there were nerves exposed or what was going on. He had me send him a couple of text pictures so he could try and access it. We ended up going in the next morning for him to look at it and after getting an xray it was confirmed that the tooth had lodged completely up into her gums at a bad angle. Since it was Halloween that day and the damage was done, we made an emergency appointment for surgery the following day. After trick or treating we stopped by the Lights and Brandon and Peter gave her a blessing because we were a bit nervous about the anesthesiology.
For her surgery they sedated her, she couldn't eat etc for the majority of the day. She was so sensitive about being touched she wouldn't even let the nurse put on the numbing lotion on her hands without it being an ordeal. She absolutely hated the plastic wrap they put around it to help the effect. But finally once they got the initial liquid sedative given to her she relaxed enough for the anesthesiologist to take her out of my arms back to the surgery room. Dr. Keller said the tooth actually came out easy. It was a little freaky seeing such a young, vibrant, feisty little being come back out of it after being put under, it was making me a bit nervous watching her body lay there a bit frail, eyes all out of it etc. I was happy to get her home and hold her in my arms, and have it over with.
Today the day after she was still a bit sore and very tired from having a rough night last night not sleeping well from being in a bit of pain, and the after effects of the sedation. I'm trying not to be upset her little smile is missing a tooth. I can say that I am very happy that that's all it is.  Our little ones are so fragile. There's so many things that can happen to them. I'm very thankful for the daily safety we are granted and for my sweet little Ada, I love her with all my heart.

2 comments:

  1. xoxox hope she is recovering quickly. Poor little sunshine. Love you Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl! I have never heard of that happening! Hope she is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete