Monday, October 11, 2010

Chicketies

I love this picture you can see the little chicks beak sticking out from under her. Its amazing how they bury themselves inside of her. When I picked her up to put them inside they were like stuck up inside her feathers. Very awesome how Heavenly Father builds mothers!



One of our hens Marcia has disappeared only showing herself once or twice in the past four plus weeks. Today when I went out to feed the chickens this is what I found! Four baby chicks. They are so so sweet! I was torn whether to let her continue to mother them or to bring them into the garage under a heat lamp. I decided to go ahead and bring them in as I'm afraid Jezabel would be getting to them otherwise. It was hard to do because I know she has worked so hard sitting on them for so long. She was famished eating like she hadn't seen food forever today. It was also hard because it was so neat to see her mother them. Sorry Marcia, hopefully you will get another chance someday, maybe in the spring? Hopefully the little fellers will do ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment