Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feels Like Yesterday

I ran into an old friend the other night at Walmart. Her mother died a little less than a year before mine. Her mother actually died while she (my friend) was in the hospital giving birth. It seems everytime we run into eachother we talk about our moms. We were talking about our children and the exciting milestones they were going through this year, and sure enough our moms came up. "It will be three years this year"....I found myself thinking and double checking as I said it outloud. And I still find myself double checking myself as I type. "Four years...and it feels just like yesterday". she responded. It does, and thats why I have to sit and think is that right, three years? It does feel like yesterday. Yesterday I sat next to her holding her soft hand, listening to her rambling stories about familiy, watching her put her dollar glasses on to examine something, watching her love my babies. Oh I miss her. My heart still hurts everytime I invision her. I'm not sure when it won't hurt so badly. Although I know her spirit is still near me, I still want her here physically so badly. I want her advice, I want her embrace, I want her smile and laugh....I want that feeling she gave me to insure me that things would be ok in times of trial and struggle. I want that feeling of proudness she gave me when she held my children close. It does feel just like yesterday, I miss you Mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment