Wednesday, February 8, 2012

NYC












My sweet friend Tessa treated me to a trip to New York. She spoiled me rotten! Bought my ticket, hotel, all taxi and tour cost, food, and shows. It was a great time. We got to see Broadway Spider man which was an awesome show. We sat front row in the Broadway show Stomp which was crazy good, and then caught a live comedy show one night. All the food was super yummy. The shopping was endless. The sites were so neat to see. We saw Ground Zero, The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, went to the Top of The Rock, went to the pier, and Soho. We walked a TON, but also took Cabs, and the Subway which were experiences in themselves! The people in New York are so busy, they don't say excuse me, they go around honking and driving like madmen to get to where they are going. I honestly was in fear for my life with our one cab! Our hotel was the Sheraton a block down from Times Square, we were on the 31st floor. By the time we got there every night there was enough energy left in us for Roxi's Cheesecake (my new favorite dessert from NY), and then lights out feeling our exhausted bodies sink into deep sleep. It was my first trip without the girls, Brandon was nice enough to take off work Thursday and Friday and was obviously home with them Saturday and Sunday, and they all survived!

I am so grateful for Tessa. She is a light in my life and such a dear friend. What a great friend to share such a great trip and experience I will always cherish!

PS. I'm a bit bummed I didn't have my big camera, there was a lot more I would have photographed, but I'm also glad I didn't have to worry about having it on me all the time too!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast-everyone needs a wonderful friend like that. So glad you were able to go-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just as amazing for me as it was for you! it's funny the things you learn about each other when you spend extra time together. The first thing I told Jason was that you and i are even more alike than i thought! Thanks for going and here's to more wonderful times ahead!

    ReplyDelete