Friday, May 1, 2009

Peace in My Soul

Teagan has just been whining over every little thing lately. And quite frankly it has been exhausting to all of us. I was talking to a friend about it last night and she mentioned how its funny that we just cant wait for our children to talk and then when they do, we sometimes wish they didn't. I got to thinking about it and realized that with all of Teagans not so nice things that come out of her mouth lately, the few sweet little things she says makes up for all the other nonsense. Lucky for her (and the rest of the household) this helps me find a way to keep insane!
Children have so much natural love in their hearts, I think it is truly beautiful. They also hold another important attribute in their heart, humor. I've mentioned to Brandon a lot lately how little Taylee has such a cute little sense of humor, its too sweet how young they develop their little personalities.
With all the added stress with our house situation I've found it hard to take things so lightly lately. However there are some things that you just can't help smiling about regardless of how stressed out you are. For example today We were listening to our Elizabeth Mitchell CD. The song My Soul Has Peace Like a River was playing. Teagan sang along with it " I have to pee like a river in my soul". See I even laughed again when I typed that! So anyway I'm resolving to be more mindful and thankful for the good things that come out of her mouth that bring sunshine and peace to my soul, its really safer.... I mean better for everyone
!

2 comments:

  1. That is sooo funny! I am going through the same battle with Eliza and her negative attitude. I am hoping it is just the age and that she will outgrow it. In the meantime, I am trying to find creative ways to get her to snap out of it. I think you are right about enjoying the good things and having those hold you over between the other not-so-happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me laugh the things she comes up with. I don't remember my kids being that funny!

    ReplyDelete