Sunday, April 25, 2010

Moments

I was laying down on the bed tonight waiting for dessert to finish in the oven. Silently gazing out my window for a few quiet minutes watching the clouds rolling by. I guess it was more like a few quiet seconds, because the two girls came stampeding in to join me. With efforts that I knew were in vain I tried to explaining that Mommies room was currently the resting room, and if they wanted to be rowdy they would need to move into the room across the hall with the pink wall, the rowdy room. Taylee quickly made her move for the open side closest to me. After some settling of the two we were able to lye together for a few uninterrupted moments looking out the window. Then Teagan started to talk about the clouds. She said the tree in our front yard was higher than the clouds and sky, she was quiet for another moment and then the silence broke with a frantic "Mom! that cloud is right there, I'm going to go run outside and go touch it!" I replied back to her "Teagan sweetheart you can't touch the clouds from the ground....." before I could finish "Why not, I never have before and I really, really, want to!". I tried to explain a little bit about clouds at that point but things at that point had gotten a little wild as Taylee had decided she had had enough of the resting room and was now jumping up and down on the bed beside me making the silliest noises she could for her turn for some of my attention.
I am so thankful for moments like these, where I am reminded of their innocence, and wonder. I am so thankful for their example of determination and zest for life and new things. I love my girls with all my heart and soul. As exhausting as they are I don't know what I would do without them, or even who I would be without them. I am so happy I am MOM. I pray that I can fulfill my role to them with cheer, and love they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment