Monday, May 3, 2010

First Loss

Sweet little Teagan experienced her first loss of a pet last Thursday. Sagea wasn't looking so well the night before. And I had worried he wouldn't be making it through the night. Sure enough we found him dead in the morning. I was really hoping he would at least live another day as it was Brandon's birthday. Last year on his birthday he sold Chase and it was really hard on him. So he's now decided its not a good animal day for the Moss family. Anyway Teagan was just devastated. She was up till 11:30 that night crying. It made me feel really bad because it reminded me of how great my mom always was when we lost a pet. I think the hardest part was she wanted to know if he died because he didn't like her. She wondered "why Jesus wanted him to die". So we did a lot of talking and hugging. As hard as it was seeing her sad to loose him, pets are worth it. We looked around town for a bunny and once again they are hard to find. So we actually ended up getting her a Guinea pig from the animal shelter on Saturday. Teagan loves her and was so excited to get her. She named her Rosa, which actually fits her quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment