Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Teagan's Asthma

We had a scare last night with Teagan's asthma. She use to get it when she caught colds and other bronchial sicknesses when she was little. It hasn't bothered her for about two years so I thought it was gone maybe just an infant asthma. Unfortunately out of no where she had an attack last night. She hasn't had a cold or anything this week. She woke up coughing. By the time I got to her bedroom she was gasping for air, crying because it was scaring her because she couldn't breathe. Her breathing was super shallow and she was working hard to get air. I quickly searched for her old inhaler and gave her a few puffs. I had her sleep with me. Her breathing after that sounded almost like she had croup or something for a couple of hours. Finally she settled into a deep sleep and so did I! We got her out of school early to see her Dr. He gave her a new RX for a fast acting inhaler, and some steroids. When things like that happen it just makes you so thankful for your little sweethearts, makes you hold them near and dear...

2 comments:

  1. Joey, what a scare! I'm so glad you could quickly find her inhaler. It sure does make you hold them a little tighter, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so scary- poor sweeetheart, I'm so glad you were able to get her to calm down. I use to get so scared when mom would have them.

    ReplyDelete