Saturday, March 7, 2009

PRIESTHOOD POWER

So we just all got over being pretty darn sick for a spell. And a few of us had blessings in that time. Yesterday I was sitting at the computer somewhat fazing out the girls playing behind me. Then Taylee started telling Teagan off. I instantly refocused my "super mom" senses and quickly picked up on what Teagan was doing. She had her hands on Taylee's head and was giving her a blessing. She was thanking Heavenly Father for her polly pockets and dolls, and asking him if he could make Taylee sit more still.......... you know the normal everyday blessing content. I couldn't take the opportunity to teach Teagan about the Priesthood as much as I maybe should have because Taylee was a little fed up with Teagan at this point, and I was trying not to laugh. However I did try to get the point across that only men (I used the word Dada's) who have been given the gift of the priesthood can give blessings, and how they are very special. Later in the evening I caught her chasing Jezabel around the house, (poor Rez) trying to put her hands on her head. I asked her what the heck she was doing, she replied she was just trying to give Jezabel a "pretend" blessing. Well good I'm glad I got that one across??
I'm thankful for the everyday opportunities we have to help our children's testimonies sprout and knowledge of the gospel grow. I know I'm not always the best at seizing those teaching moments and pray that I will be more able to do so. I'm so thankful for the priesthood and for the availability of it in our home and family. It truly is a blessing I hold close to my heart!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are great at seizing those opportunities. You are such a great mom! That is so cute of Teagan. Sometimes you wonder how things look from their point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Laurel always beats me to the punch. So competitive:)! That story sounds familiar. Eliza has done something quite similar. It's just when you think you aren't getting through that they surprise you, huh?

    ReplyDelete