Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rainbow Wishes


Teagan's ballet teacher rewards her class for being good listeners with a stamp on their hand. Yesterday they got a flower stamp that turned out to be a magical one.
In the afternoon I was playing in the living room with Taylee and Teagan was in the kitchen coloring. I focused in on Teagan's self chatter just in time to hear her wishing on her "wish stamp". I heard her sweet little voice say "Oh magic flower stamp I wish for rain to make a rainbow". I didn't say anything to her at that time. Later on that day she informed me herself that she had made a wish on her magic flower stamp for rain to make a beautiful rainbow. Sadly I had to inform her that her wish might not come true for some time because it was way to cold outside to rain (six degrees with snow on the ground to be precise).

I am so ready for spring and have been "wishing" for all the snow to stop and for this icky weather to warm up. Teagan's sweet little spirit doesn't acknowledge ANY limitations to its wishing. Rain for a rainbow in six degree weather seemed like a perfectly legit item to wish for. And with that same idea of no limitations to her wishing, it was such a sweet simple thing to wish for. Its really amazing how much I learn from my girls. I hope I can remember that when there are things I pray for and wish for that they really are always possible maybe just not necessarily at the very time I am asking for them. And I hope I can keep my hearts wishes simple as a sweet rainbow wish!


1 comment:

  1. Boy do we live in different worlds! Teagan's wish could come true here. I love the simple, sweet nature of children and the magic they bring into our everyday lives. Sometimes it is the little reminder that you needed.

    ReplyDelete