Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hobby

These two benches were hiddious when I picked them up at St. V's for $6.00 a piece. Easy as pie to give them a new look with a little spray paint and darling new fabric! The only hard part was picking out the fabric too many choices!

I asked Brandon what he was thinking about last night. I got the answer I do about 75% of the time, hunting, things he would like to shoot, places he'd like to go hunt etc. I told him it was funny he thought about these things so much, I don't ever just sit and think of vacations I'd like to take, or places I'd like to go. He replied to me "But you do think about your projects don't you?" I sat there thinking about it for a moment, and yes, I actually have been thinking a lot about different projects I would like to do, growth charts, painting Adalynn's room, embroidered family picture, throw pillows, fabric wall hangings, giant tissue paper flowers.....you get the picture. So of course my answer was yes. And his reply was "Well that's your hobby and hunting is mine". Thanks for clarifying that honey! I really haven't taken time out for creating outside of a few things for the girls and for church since we've been married. And you know what? It feels darn right good to squeeze in a few minutes between diapers, laundry, meals....to create personal things for our home. I know they aren't perfect and elaborate, but it is fun, and yes, it is my hobby! (Thanks Kate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment