Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mothers Day & Naked Bums

What a beautiful day. Its been a difficult and sweet day since Mom died. The longer time goes by the more I love and appreciate her. I am so thankful for the lessons she taught me. I am so thankful for her love and support and the fact that I can still feel that. I am thankful to have the blessing of being a mother. I love my girls with all my heart. The sweetest present they gave me was on Sunday morning. It was almost 8:00am, I told Brandon he better get up and get going to take care of a family in our wards animals. He said "Aren't the girls awake?" I thought I had heard them but we hadn't had our morning invasion yet so I wasn't sure what was going on. He got out of bed and went to check on them. With giggles and smiles Teagan told Brandon they were staying in bed to let mom sleep in on Mothers day! This idea was all them. Very sweet and by far the best mothers day present they could give me! Also my other favorite present was from Adalynn, she giggled for her first time! It was so so stinkin cute! The girls had made gifts with Grandma Moss to give to me earlier that week and were so excited to give them to me. Brandon bought me some great flowers and my new favorite necklace (I'll have to post a picture of it).
We were so proud we actually got to church a few minutes early. Then the reality, we were sitting there in the middle of sacrament. Taylee was squirming around in my lap. She lifted up her dress and WALA, no diaper, pure BUM! Whoops, that was my fault I was the one to get her dressed. That could have been disastrous, luckily we were in the back row, and I was able to rush her out and slap one on her.
I guess that is the beauty of motherhood, we are so imperfect, but we can only try our best and hope that the important things like teaching love and honesty are what we succeed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment